Safford & Baker PLLC is a business law firm based in Troy, Michigan. With over 70 years of combined business counseling experience, the firm's members, Randy Safford and Don Baker, started the firm in 2000 to focus on helping start-ups in the technology space. They have since served scores of entrepreneurs in primarily Southeast Michigan, and remain committed to representing early stage businesses and their owners. Safford & Baker also acts as general counsel to small to mid-size businesses of all kinds.
Entrepreneurial by design, the firm applies that same innovative spirit to its general business and technology practices.
- Advising clients in their day-to-day business operations
- Handling mergers, acquisitions and other major business transition transactions
- Creating and implementing estate and business succession plans
- Assisting with copyright, trademark, trade secret and other IP creation and protection
- Drafting and implementing software, patent and other intellectual property licenses and related commercialization documents
- Structuring and drafting venture capital and financial restructuring documentation